"If we break 1,000 stores, we're in uncharted waters, the industry has never really seen this before," he says. Bigger, cheaper and more streamlined than any of the competition – Planet Fitness might as well rename itself the "McGym." Read More
"Planet Fitness signed its first franchise agreement in September 2003. At the time, the gym chain famous for its low prices, free pizza and customer base that is more "Average Joe" than bodybuilder, was primarily focused in the Northeast...“ Read More
"Just like this isn’t your typical gym, this isn’t a typical gym chain either. Our business model is based on making people feel good. We never pressure and always offer a friendly, Judgement Free atmosphere.” Read More
"With its low prices and just-the-basics approach, Planet Fitness is muscling out the competition and growing fast.“ Read More
"Low-cost membership in a judgement-free zone…How the non-intimidating gym chain continues to build upon its success.“ Read More
"Regular Joes fuel Planet [Fitness]…Expect the chain to continue on its current trajectory.“ Read More
"The Secret of Planet Fitness's Success…Keeping things simple has helped the fitness chain grow to more than $500 million in revenue.“ Read More
"Planet Fitness grows with ‘judgment-free’ gyms…The company’s winning formula was born more than 20 years ago.“ Read More
"The company has thrived even during the economic downturn.“ Read More
"Chris Rondeau was a driving force behind the 20-year evolution of one of the best-known national brands to originate in New Hampshire.“ Read More
Start the process to own a Planet Fitness!Get Started!
- Included on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America since 2008
- #25 on Entrepreneur’s Fastest-Growing Franchise Rankings
- One of the top 200 largest franchise systems by Franchise Times
If you want to learn more about franchise opportunities, and find out what it takes to get your own Planet Fitness up and running, please contact Director of Franchise Sales, Candace Couture at 603.750.0001 x102.
- May 2014: Planet Fitness reached over 5 million members and over 800 locations nationwide
- March 2013: Planet Fitness Huntington Park, California sells 880 memberships in one day.
- June 2013: Planet Fitness La Puente, California sells 2,620 memberships in one week.
- January 2013: Planet Fitness Evansville, Indiana sells 5,228 memberships in one month.
- Total liquid assets of all partners: $1.5 million
- Total net worth of all partners: $3 million