Date: August 3, 2023
Client: Planet Fitness Holdings, LLC
Program: Planet Fitness Race Weekend Sweeps
Subject: Official Rules and Disclosures – FINAL
Long Disclosures for TV, Radio, Printed Materials, Direct Mail, Emails:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside of Florida and where prohibited by law. Open to legal U.S. residents of Florida, who are 18 years of age or older. Begins 12:00 a.m. ET on 08/07/23; ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 8/22/23. Odds of winning depend on total number of entries received. For complete Official Rules, eligibility, and free entry details, visit https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes. Sponsor: Planet Fitness Holdings, LLC, 4 Liberty Lane West, Hampton, NH 03842.
If you need shortened for a short radio spot, you can use:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. FL residents ages 18+ Ends 8/22. For Rules & eligibility, visit https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes.
Spelled out radio script: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Florida residents, ages 18 plus. Ends 8/22. For Rules and eligibility, visit https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes.
For Press Releases (does not need full disclosures):
No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of FL, who are 18 years of age or older. Void outside of FL and where prohibited by law. Begins 12:00 am ET on 8/07/23; ends 11:59 pm ET on 8/22/23. For Official Rules, visit https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes.
Short Disclosures for Social Media Posts/Influencer Posts/Web banners:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. FL residents, ages 18+. Ends 8/22. Void where prohibited. Rules: https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. FL, ages 18+. Ends 8/22. See Rules link in bio.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. FL, ages 18+. Ends 8/22. Void where prohibited. Rules: https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes
Bare Minimum social disclaimers:
No purchase necessary. FL, ages 18+ Ends 8/22. Rules: https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes
Disclosure Guidelines, subject to creative execution:
- Internet & Web Banners
- If disclosures are present, it must be a minimum of 6 point font size
- Official Rules should be two-clicks away.
- Social Media Posts
- Disclosures can be in the image accompanying the post but the caption copy must include “Rules: https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes” or “Rules in Bio” if on Instagram and the link to the site is in the Bio
- If disclosure is embedded in the image it must be a minimum of 6 point font size
- For Instagram Stories, the rules should be presented as “Swipe up for Rules” and that should go to the website
- Any POS, Press Release or printed ad
- All disclosures must appear somewhere on the printed piece (i.e., Bottom of the page).
- Disclosures must be a minimum of 6-point font size or the equivalent in percentage on larger pieces (such as bill boards).
- TV: Full disclosures need to be on screen; they can also be read but that is not required.
- Note: To adhere to network guidelines, the disclaimers must be set at 22 scan line and legibly appear on screen for a minimum of 3 seconds for the first line of type and 1 second for each additional line.
- Radio: Full disclosures need to be read.
- Emails: Full disclosures at the bottom of the email
The Planet Fitness Race Weekend Sweeps Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Planet Fitness Race Weekend Sweeps (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 7, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on August 22, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents, physically residing in Florida, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household) of Joey Logano Racing, NARCAR driver Joey Logano, Planet Fitness Holdings, LLC (“Sponsor”), and Daytona International Speedway, LLC, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate or win. Void outside of Florida and where prohibited by law.
- How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, any eligible entrant (the “Entrant”) may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period through either of the following two (2) methods of entry (the Entry):
- Online: Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting https://www.planetfitness.com/joeysweepstakes and completing the online registration form to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing (the “Entry”).
- Mail: To enter the Sweepstakes by mail, Entrants shall mail a postcard, which includes Entrant’s full name, phone number, and email address to: _____________________________. All mailed Entries must be legible and received before or by the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants are not permitted to use 3rd party organizations to assist with the entry process in any way.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per day, during the Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET (unless specified otherwise). Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry/Entrant is eligible. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. Any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”):
- Grand Prize (1): A VIP Experience for winner and up to three (3) guests at Daytona International Speedway which includes: four (4) all-access pit passes for Saturday race on August 26th, 2023 (the “Grand Prize Race”) (ARV: $250 each); one (1) 15 Min private meet and greet/photo op with Joey Logano (the “Meet & Greet”) at 22 Transporter and/or on pit road prior to the start of the Grand Prize Race for winner and guest(s); Guided pre-race pit access for winner and guest(s) (ARV: $250 each); Tour of garage & team hauler for winner and guest(s); four (4) Gift Bags with Sponsor-selected Joey Logano Merch (ARV: $100 each); and one (1) FREE 1-Year Classic Membership to any participating Planet Fitness club located in Orlando, FL (the “Participating Club”), for the winner, awarded in the form of a certificate (ARV: $200). The ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,600.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2,600.
The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all taxes in connection with the Grand Prize, including without limitation federal, state and local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof. The Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of prize.
Winner will need to visit the Participating Club they wish to join to redeem their certificate for the one (1) FREE 1-Year of Classic Membership.
The Grand Prize Race will collectively be referred to as the “Race”. Prizes must be used on date/time specified or prize will be forfeited. Seat assignments are Sponsor-specified. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted by the winner will be forfeited. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or does not comply with the Official Rules, then that potential winner may also be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. The Grand Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, but in no event greater than $999.00, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of the Grand Prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Winner and guests may need to follow any COVID-19 protocols, including passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19 or having been vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entry into the Race.
All prizes, including the Grand Prize Race tickets, will need to be picked up in person by the winner at “will call” at the venue on the day of the Race or prize will be forfeited. Valid form of ID will be required. In the event the Race is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value, but in no event greater than $999.00, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the Meet & Greet is unable to take place for any reason, that portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen pit passes or tickets.
Guest(s) of the Grand Prize winner (who must be 18 years of age or older) will be required to execute a Release of Liability and, where legal, a Publicity Release. In the event any Grand Prize winner and/or guest(s) engage(s) in behavior during the Race or Meet & Greet, as applicable, that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Grand Prize, and send that Grand Prize winner and/or guest(s) home or cancel the Meet & Greet, at winner/guest(s) own expense with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Grand Prize winner and/or guests (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in that Grand Prize winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of all prizes). In the event any Grand Prize winner or guest(s) engage(s) in behavior during the Race or Meet & Greet that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects that Grand Prize winner or guest(s) to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize winner or guest(s) as a result of such conduct. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR THE DAYTONA INTERNATIONALSPEEDWAY SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE GRAND PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S OR GUESTS’ ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant understands and agrees that, if selected as a potential Grand Prize Winner, the Entrant (and any guest) may be required to consent to a background check; and, failure to sign such consents and authorizations and/or to furnish all required information will result in disqualification. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry and/or disqualify a potential Grand Prize Winner if the results of such background check reveal that the potential Grand Prize Winner is not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or has been convicted of, or is currently charged with, a felony or a crime of moral turpitude, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any other guest of the Grand Prize Winner who is participating in the Grand Prize may also be required to consent to a background check, and failure to sign such consents and authorizations and/or to furnish all required information will result in the potential Grand Prize Winner being disqualified, and the Grand Prize being forfeited. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential Grand Prize Winner if the results of such background check reveal that any guest of the Grand Prize Winner who is participating in the Grand Prize has been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in which case the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no liability of any kind (either to a potential Grand Prize Winner, or guest of the Grand Prize Winner who is participating in the Grand Prize or any other third party).
5. Random Drawing/Winner Notification/Odds of Winning: There will be a random drawing conducted from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, in order to determine one (1) Grand Prize winner. The drawing will be conducted on or about August 23, 2023 by Sponsor whose decisions is final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes drawing. No information regarding Entries will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The potential winner will be notified via email/phone of the prize. The Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return via email link a Declaration of Eligibility & Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which includes the right to use, market, and publicize the winner’s name, likeness, photos, and Entry, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification attempt. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. Return of any prize or notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate selection, time permitting. Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered emails, including without limitation emails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes related email, including any winner notification email or prize email to a spam or junk folder. Entrants should check their spam folders for any winner notification email or prize email.
6. General Rules: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering this sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the Grand Prize winner’s names, likenesses, photos, and Entries for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Grand Prize Winner, by accepting a prize and all Entrants, as a condition of Entry, agree, as applicable, to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, including the Daytona International Motor Speedway, Meta, and Instagram, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or from any prize-related activity or for any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used or the authorized account holder of the email address used to complete the Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries and administration of the Sweepstakes. If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify this sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation.
7. Disputes: Entrant/winner agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the state of Florida; Entrants/winner submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the state of Florida for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrants/winner be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrants/winner hereby waive all right to, and hold Sponsor and Joey Logano Racing (collectively the “Promotion Parties”) harmless, from, any claim, liability loss, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Governing Law and Venue: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants/winner or the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the state of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Florida. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Orlando, Florida.
10. Winner List: For the name of the winner, available after August 23, 2023, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by September 23, 2023 to The PF Race Weekend Sweeps– Winner, Attn: Corp Club Marketing, 4 Liberty Lane West, Hampton, NH 03842.
11. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Planet Fitness Holdings LLC, 4 Liberty Lane West, Hampton, NH 03842.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, META, INSTAGRAM, NASCAR, LLC OR DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY, LLC D/B/A DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND NO SUCH ASSOCIATION WITH OR ENDORSEMENT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED. NASCAR® AND NASCAR CUP SERIES™ ARE TRADEMARKS OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR STOCK CAR AUTO RACING, LLC. DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY® AND DAYTONA® ARE TRADEMARKS OF THE DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY, LLC D/B/A/ DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY. REFERENCES TO COMPANIES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MENTIONED HEREIN, AND ANY CORRESPONDING LIKENESSES, LOGOS AND IMAGES THEREOF REPRODUCED HEREIN, HAVE BEEN USED SOLELY FOR PURPOSES OF PRIZE DESCRIPTION.