Planet Fitness Announces Winners of Annual Franchisee Awards
NEWINGTON, N.H., Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Planet Fitness, the innovative health club franchise known for its Judgement Free Zone® and affordable prices, has announced the winners of its annual Franchisee Awards, recognizing the best of the best systemwide in a variety of categories. The Planet Fitness Franchisee Awards were distributed at the ninth annual conference inLas Vegas, NV, from October 2-4, 2013.
"We are grateful for all of the exceptional franchisees in our system, and we appreciate their continued partnership and dedication to growing our brand," said Chris Rondeau, Planet Fitness' chief executive officer, who also marks his 20th year with the brand in 2013. "This year's Franchisee Awards honor those that continue to raise the bar, and those who have been with us since we began franchising in 2003."
The 2013 Planet Fitness Franchisee Awards were given to the following:
- Franchisee of the Year: Victor and Lynne Brick and partners – Maryland and Tennessee
- Rookie of the Year: Shawn Bishop, Dexter Lanigan and partners – California
- Developer of the Year: Tony and Toni Rufo and partners – Pennsylvania and Illinois
- Most Memberships Sold in One Day: Shawn Bishop, Dexter Lanigan and partners – California
- Best Re-Equipped Club: David DiSabato – Ohio
In addition, in honor of Planet Fitness' 10th anniversary of franchising, awards were given to franchisees who have been with the brand since the very beginning:
- Eric Dore and Shane McGuiness – Florida and Georgia
- William Cassotis – Massachusetts and New Jersey
- Chad Fitton – Massachusetts, Ohio, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania
- John Tucker and Steven Rondeau – Massachusetts
- Joe and Ron Pepe – Connecticut
- Craig Perkins – Connecticut
- Pat Welch – Maine
Planet Fitness prides itself on providing a non-intimidating environment where everyone can feel comfortable. When the company began franchising in 2003, there were four corporate clubs in N.H. Today, there are nearly 700 clubs nationwide in 47 states and Puerto Rico, with more than 4.5 million members. For more information or to join online, visit www.planetfitness.comor follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/PlanetFitness) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/PlanetFitness).
About Planet Fitness
Founded in 1992 in Dover, N.H., Planet Fitness is now the fastest-growing full size health club franchise in the United States, and has revolutionized the industry with a combination of extremely low prices and a unique, friendly, and hassle-free environment called the Judgement Free Zone®.
Planet Fitness has nearly 700 locations nationwide and has grown to more than 4.5 million members. The company prides itself on giving people an unbeatable value, top-notch facilities, and an atmosphere that focuses on the needs of occasional or first-time gym users rather than hard-core fitness fanatics. All Planet Fitness clubs feature a wide selection of brand-name cardio and strength equipment, and provide unlimited fitness instruction with all memberships.
Planet Fitness is a national brand partner of NBC's The Biggest Loser®. For more information visit, www.PlanetFitness.com.
Director of Public Relations