PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with certain rights and options regarding your personal information.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify a request from you or your authorized agent, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify a request from you or your authorized agent, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our, and their records, unless an exception applies. If we determine that an exception applies, we will inform you of the reason for denying the deletion request.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
To exercise your rights described above, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to us using one of the following methods:
- Completing the appropriate webform (most expeditious)
- Calling us at 1-844-880-7180 and submitting a request form as directed;
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Verification of Requests
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Pursuant to CCPA, Planet Fitness does not share the information of minors underage 16 without their affirmative authorization. If you are between the age of 13 and 16 and wish to opt-in to the sale of your personal information, you may do so in connection with establishing a Planet Fitness membership and may opt-out at any time.
Shine the Light Request
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits residents of California to request from Planet Fitness a notice disclosing: (1) the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, if any, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year, and (2) the names and addresses of those third parties. To make such a request, please contact us at:
Planet Fitness Headquarters
Attn: Privacy Officer 4 Liberty Lane West
Hampton, NH 03842
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We do not currently provide financial incentives.