NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside of U.S., and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes Period begins on May 16, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET; all mail-In entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and received by September 7, 2022. Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Planet Fitness High School Summer Pass Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are 14-19 years of age at the time of entry. If you are a minor in your state/district of residence, you need your parent/legal guardian’s approval to participate (as described below). Employees, officers, and directors of Planet Fitness Holdings, LLC ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. ("Administrator"), and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Planet Fitness Holdings, LLC 4 Liberty Lane West, Hampton, NH 03842. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: There are three (3) methods of entry:
(i) In-store: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter by visiting any Planet Fitness location (located in the 50 US or DC) during regular business hours with your parent/legal guardian (if you are a minor in your state/district of residence) and signing up for the High School Summer Pass. To sign up for the High School Summer Pass, your parent/legal guardian or you (if you are the age of majority in your state of residence) will be required to sign a Planet Fitness Gym Waiver (“waiver”). You will receive one (1) entry into the applicable First Prize random drawing, based on where you reside, and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing.]
(ii) Online: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit planetfitness.com/summerpass (the “Website”) with your parent/legal guardian’s permission if you are a minor in your state/district of residence and sign up for the High School Summer Pass. To sign up for the High School Summer Pass, your parent/legal guardian or you (if you are at least the age of majority in your state/district of residence) will be required to sign a waiver. You will receive one (1) entry into the applicable First Prize random drawing, based on where you reside, and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing.
(iii) Mail-in entry: To enter without visiting a Planet Fitness location or the Website and signing up for the High School Summer Pass, mail a handwritten postcard to Administrator at: Planet Fitness High School Summer Pass – US, PO Box 7749, Melville, NY 11775-7749 containing your (i) full name (if a minor, your parent/legal guardian’s name as well); (2) mailing address, including street address, city, state/district, and zip code (P.O. boxes not accepted); (3) telephone number; (4) email address (if a minor, your parent/legal guardian’s email address as well); (5) date of birth; and (6) a statement that, “I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules for the Planet Fitness High School Summer Pass Sweepstakes”. If you are a minor in your state/district of residence (“minor”), the mail-in entry must be completed, signed, and submitted by your parent/legal guardian on your behalf. Mail-in entries must be postmarked and sent by August 31, 2022, and received by September 7, 2022. Entries must be in English. You will receive one (1) entry into the applicable First Prize random drawing, based on where you reside, and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an entry/entrant is eligible. Any entry not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for failure or unavailability of electronic equipment, communications or Internet connections; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. Random Drawings/Odds/Winner Notification: On or about September 15, 2022, fifty-one (51) First Prize winners (1 winner per state and DC) will be selected in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received from each state and DC during the Sweepstakes Period. On or about September 15, 2022, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a separate random drawing from among all eligible entries received/postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. In the event there are no valid entries received from any state/DC, that state’s/DC’s prize will go unawarded. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes drawings. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received overall. The odds of winning a First Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received from each state and DC. Potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor) will be contacted via email and will be required to sign and return, via email/email link, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law), and an IRS Form W-9 including the winner's name, date of birth, address, home phone number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number, within three (3) days (including weekends) of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected. Grand Prize winner will be provided with an IRS FORM 1099 for income tax purposes. First Prize winners will be contacted via email and may need to verify their addresses/eligibility in order to receive prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate winner selection. In the event that a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will attempt to award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for that drawing. There will be up to three (3) alternate drawings (time permitting) for the Grand Prize, and each First Prize, after which the Grand Prize and any First Prize will remain unawarded.
5. Prizes and Actual Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A $5,000 scholarship, awarded as a check made payable to the winner (or parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor). First Prize (51 – 1 per state and DC): A $500 scholarship, awarded as a check made payable to the winner (or parent/legal guardian if the winner is a minor). The total ARV of all prizes is $30,500. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and fees on prizes, including, without limitation, federal, state and income taxes, and any other costs incurred in claiming or using any prize.
6. General Rules: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use a winner’s name, likeness, hometown, statements and entry for promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice or compensation except where prohibited by law.
Winners, by accepting the prize and all entrants, as a condition of entry (or parent/legal guardian if the winner/entrant is a minor), agree, as applicable, to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, franchisees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or from any prize-related activity or for any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries and administration of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Sweepstakes materials, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in random drawings from among all eligible entries received per state/DC and overall, prior to cancellation.
7. Disputes: Entrants/winners (or parent/legal guardian if the entrant/winner is a minor) agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the State of New Hampshire; Entrants/winners submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New Hampshire for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants/winners or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of New Hampshire, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Hampshire.
10. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://www.planetfitness.com/sweepstakes-rules. For a list of winners available after September 30, 2022, visit https://www.planetfitness.com/sweepstakes-rules until October 30, 2022.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM. INSTAGRAM IS COMPLETELY RELEASED OF ALL LIABILITY BY EACH ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.