PE@PF Explained: Fun, Small Group Training at Planet Fitness
by Steven Auger
Did you know that one of the most positive health decisions a person can make is to join a gym? It's true!
According to the National Institutes of Health, exercise provides a multitude of benefits, ranging from a reduced risk of heart disease and cancer to improving your mental health and mood. But even despite those advantages, some folks are still apprehensive about joining. This can stem from simply not knowing where to start.
If this sounds like you, Planet Fitness has the answer: the PE@PF small group training program.
So What Is PE@PF, Exactly?
PE@PF is small group training that utilizes world-class equipment and combines it with fun, innovative programming — all of which takes place in the Judgement Free Zone®. This program provides members of all fitness levels with the opportunity to learn how to use individual machines and equipment safely and effectively while getting a feel for the Planet Fitness environment.
Each Planet Fitness location offers approximately 11–14 small group training sessions every day, which are led by a trainer who's employed by the club. Members can attend unlimited classes.
You can easily register for sessions via the Planet Fitness app or in person at the club's front desk. Oh, and the cost of participation is included in all Planet Fitness memberships.
The PE@PF Difference
Planet Fitness is the Judgement Free Zone®, which means that we strive to create a community where anyone can feel comfortable. Our trainers are here to make sure that you feel confident in your workout, no matter what your goals are!
When we say that PE@PF is for members of all fitness levels, we mean it. There are no expectations and no judgement. If you're new to the gym and encounter a machine you don't know how to use, sign up for PE@PF. Or, perhaps you're an exercise veteran and want to switch up your routine? A Planet Fitness trainer can help you plan your future workouts.
Planet Fitness requires that each trainer have a personal training certification and be CPR/AED certified. But that doesn't begin to scratch the surface of who they are and what they can offer you. For starters, Planet Fitness trainers are incredibly approachable. They love to interact with members and can serve as a guide on your fitness journey. They're more than happy to provide you with helpful advice, so don't hesitate to ask!
Trainers are a crucial part of each Planet Fitness team. To some extent, the PE@PF program's success hinges on each trainer. An effective trainer will be able to engage with all members participating in the program. That means motivating, inspiring, and encouraging each person to succeed. Trainers play a vital role in supporting members as they follow their fitness journey.
In addition to being engaging and supportive of members, Planet Fitness trainers can assist you in determining and reaching realistic fitness goals, all while teaching proper form and technique. They can answer any questions you may have regarding your fitness routine and even refer you to health care professionals if the need arises.
Welcome to training, Planet Fitness style! You'll love the different class options offered as part of PE@PF. Here are some to choose from:
- Orientation: If you're new to fitness training and want to learn about exercise equipment and programming, this session is for you.
- 30-Minute Express Circuit: You will be led through a fast-paced, full-body workout in just 30 minutes that combines strength and cardio for a fun and rewarding experience.
- Chest and Biceps: Press and curl your way to increased strength for these two muscle groups.
- Back and Triceps: Push and pull your way to enhanced strength for these two (sometimes overlooked) muscle groups.
- Legs and Shoulders: This is a balanced session that can help you build strength and improve function in your upper and lower body.
- Core: This session will help tighten and tone your abdominals, obliques, and lower back.
- Stretch: You can start the recovery process and enhance your flexibility with this relaxing post-workout session.
As always, please consult with a physician prior to beginning any exercise program. See full medical disclaimer here.