Health is at the heart of all we do
Through PF Purpose, our company-wide ESG (environmental, social and governance) strategy, we aim to enhance people’s lives and create a healthier world by focusing on three core issues: Physical Health, Emotional Health and Planet Health.
Our mission is to enhance people's lives and create a healthier world.
As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers with more members than any other fitness brand, we have the responsibility to enhance the health of the communities where we live, work and workout.
Our PF Purpose strategy guides our investment in three areas that we see as fundamentally interconnected:
We are proud to have made significant progress across each of our pillars. For even more information on how Planet Fitness is democratizing fitness and advancing health, read our 2021 ESG Report.
Advancing our Commitment to DE&I
Celebrating and championing diversity. Increasing access to fitness and wellness. Providing an environment where everyone feels like they belong. Our Judgement Free Zone® embodies our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and fuels our actions not only within our clubs, but also for our employees, franchisees and the communities we serve.
Our DE&I Pillars:
Our DE&I Commitments:
- Increase female representation to at least 50% at our headquarters across manager and above levels by 2025
- Increase Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) representation at our headquarters across our workforce by 2025
- Conduct an annual compensation review to ensure gender and racial pay equity at all levels across headquarters employees
Prioritizing Health & Safety
Planet Fitness is now the first fitness brand to achieve the WELL Health-Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI). By aligning to WELL’s evidence-based, third-party verified rating framework, we can improve health and human experience through intentional building design.
Over 2,300 clubs across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico and Australia – along with our corporate headquarters – received the WELL Health-Safety Rating.
Creating a Judgement Free Generation®
We remain committed to extending our philosophy of the Judgement Free Zone® beyond our clubs and into our communities through our signature cause program – the Judgement Free Generation®.
Since 2016, we have invested $7M+ in our partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to empower the next generation to promote kindness and contribute to a more inclusive, judgement free planet.
By the numbers:
Contributed to Boys & Girls Clubs since 2016
Scholarships awarded to youth since 2017
Mini Judgement Free Zones built since 2018
Views of our Behavior Support Toolkit by BGCA staff since 2020
Reducing Our Environmental Footprint
We know that to fulfill our mission to enhance people’s lives and create a healthier world, we must reduce our environmental impacts to help protect the health of our planet. Planet Fitness is committed to working with our franchisees and partners to make environmentally sustainable decisions across our business and operations.
- Management of short and long term environmental strategies by cross-functional Environmental Working Groups, with oversight from senior leadership.
- Year-over-year measurement and reporting of our energy use, GHG emissions, water usage and waste across our headquarters and corporate clubs against our 2019 baseline.
- Environmental requirements for all newly constructed and re-equipped franchisee-owned clubs, including installing low-flow, high-pressure shower heads and flush-o-meters.
- Donating, reselling or recycling 100% of corporate club equipment at end of life.