Ensuring Health and Wellness for All
Our purpose is to create a more judgement free planet where health and wellness is within reach for all.
Our mission is to enhance people's lives and create a healthier world.
As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers with more members than any other fitness brand, we have the responsibility to enhance the health of the communities where we live, work and workout. We believe we are best positioned to make a societal impact by increasing access to fitness, creating inclusive clubs, cultures and communities, & prioritizing sustainable business practices.
We align our efforts across three interconnected focus areas:
We are proud to have made significant progress across each of these focus areas. For even more information on how Planet Fitness is democratizing fitness and advancing health, read our 2022 ESG Report.
Advancing our Commitment to DE&I
At Planet Fitness, we are more than your neighborhood fitness center – we are the Judgement Free Zone®.
Celebrating and championing diversity. Increasing access to fitness and wellness. Providing an environment where everyone feels like they belong. Our Judgement Free Zone® embodies our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and fuels our actions not only within our clubs, but also for our employees, franchisees and the communities we serve.
In order to advance Diversity, Equity & Inclusion across our company, we established four strategic pillars:
Our DE&I Commitments:
- Increase female representation to at least 50% at our headquarters across manager and above levels by 2025
- Increase Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) representation at our headquarters across our workforce by 2025
- Conduct an annual compensation review to ensure gender and racial pay equity at all levels across headquarters employees
2022 progress includes:
- Increased underrepresented groups at our headquarters by 6% compared to 2021.
- Increased promotions among females compared to 2021.
- Completed pay equity audit at headquarters, which showed zero statistically significant pay gaps with respect to gender or race across all career levels.
- Launched two Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at PFHQ to drive a sense of inclusion and belonging – working parents (Judgement Free Parents) & women in the workplace (EmpowHER).
Creating a Judgement Free Generation®
We remain committed to extending our philosophy of the Judgement Free Zone® beyond our clubs and into our communities through our signature cause program – the Judgement Free Generation®.
Since 2016, we have invested $8M+ in our partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to empower the next generation to promote kindness and contribute to a more inclusive, judgement free planet.
By the numbers:
Contributed to Boys & Girls Clubs since 2016
Scholarships awarded to youth since 2017
Mini Judgement Free Zones built since 2018
Views of our Behavior Support Toolkit by BGCA staff since 2020
Reducing Our Environmental Footprint
We know that to fulfill our mission to enhance people’s lives and create a healthier world, we must reduce our environmental impacts to help protect the health of our planet.
- Continued our partnership with outside experts to measure our 2021 and 2022 energy use, GHG emissions, water usage and waste across PFHQ and corporate clubs against our 2019 baseline.
- 13% decrease in total GHG emissions when normalized by square feet.
- 30% decrease in corporate club water use when normalized by monthly check-ins.
- 100% of equipment is either resold or donated at end-of-life.
- 95% of clubs systemwide have installed water efficient features.
- Continued partnership with vendors and suppliers to improve resource efficiency.